She Code Africa (SCA) Mentoring Program 2022 for African Tech Women
When is Application Deadline?
19th June 2022
Tell Me About the Award:
The SCA mentoring program (SCAMP) is specifically designed to pair experienced individuals excelling in their specific tech fields with girls/women who identify as beginners or intermediates in tech and in need of a guide and learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields.
Which Fields are Eligible?
Software Engineering : Web development (Front end / Back end), Software testing/Quality assurance, Cybersecurity
Product: Product Design
Data : Data science
Software Engineering : Web development (Front end / Back end), Mobile development, Cross platform development,
Product: Product Design , Product Management
Data : Data science
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply?
Eligible participants must:
1. Be an active member of the She Code Africa Community (sign up here: shecodeafrica.org)
2. Have made some learning progress in their specified field
3. Show proof of already made conscious learning efforts in their specified fields
4. Possess a working Laptop
5. Be willing to commit at least an hour a day to mentee activities
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Scholarship?
Get to work with dedicated mentors and a detailed learning curriculum for 3 months virtually on any of these tracks; Software Engineering , Product or Data.
How to Apply for Scholarship?
- Step 1: Indicate interest by confirming eligibility and applying
- Step 2: Scale the application process and get an acceptance / rejection mail
- Step 3: Upon being accepted, pairing list would be shared on the private channel for the program on our slack community (you would be added automatically to this )
- Step 4: Connect with your assigned mentor and team mates
- Step 5: Work with your assigned mentor’s approved learning path on your field for the next 3 months
- Step 6: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentor and the mentoring program
- Step 7: To complete the SCA mentoring program, you must carry out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
- – Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program
– Publish a technical article / Public speaking on a technical talk
- Step 8: Best performing mentee gets awarded a choice course off our preferred learning platform and placed on Junior mentor roles in SCA.
Please, click here to apply.