WFN/German Neurological Society (DGN): Department Visit Program in Germany 2022 for African Researchers
WFN – German Neurological Society (DGN): Department Visit Program in Germany, 2022.
When is Application Deadline?
15th July 2022
Tell Me About Award:
The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) and the German Neurological Society (DGN) are pleased to announce our renewed partnership to invite two colleagues from Africa to visit the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Leipzig and the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein in Luebeck.
The German Neurological Society (DGN) was initially founded as the “Gesellschaft Deutscher Nervenärzte” in 1907 by Wilhelm Erb. In 1935, the society was dissolved by the Nazi government. The re-establishment of the society took place in 1950 by Heinrich Pette. The DGN is part of the Association of the Scientific Medical Societies in Germany (AWMF). The current Chairman is Prof. Christian Gerloff from Hamburg. In recent years the DGN has become a fast-growing society which represents more than 11,000 members.
The WFN was formed in Brussels in 1957 as an association of national neurological societies. Today the WFN represents 123 professional societies in 123 countries in all regions of the world. The mission of the WFN is to foster quality neurology and brain health worldwide, a goal we seek to achieve by promoting global neurological education and training, with the emphasis placed firmly on under-resourced parts of the world.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply?
- The applicant must be a resident of a low or lower-middle income country in the African continent
- The applicant must be born after 31 December 1981
- The applicant must be a qualified neurologist or a current neurology resident in an advanced stage of training.
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
The German Neurological Society supports the African initiative of the WFN by inviting two African colleagues to visit the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Leipzig and the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein in Luebeck for a duration of four weeks.
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Scholarship?
The German Neurological Society (DGN) will provide the following support:
- Travel expenses Africa – Germany – Africa
- Accommodation for four weeks
- Living expenses (food and beverage) during the four weeks
- Costs of health insurance during the stay in Germany
Attention: please note that support is provided for the visiting fellow only and does not include family or dependents
How Long will the Program Last?
The visit can take place for 4 weeks in October/November/December 2022.
How to Apply for Scholarship?
- Canada: University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment…
- DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarship in Music 2023 for…
- SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences, Entrepreneurship…
- P.hD Fellowship at the Department of Design and…
- Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund 2022 for Sub-Saharan…
- Study in Germany: Bavarian Government Scholarships 2022/2023…
- Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public…
- ASRIC/UEMF PhD Scholarships 2022/2023 for African Students