Matilda Mwaba Scholarship at University of London 2022/2023 for African Women
The University of London is pleased to be offering 5 scholarships in honour of the late Ms Matilda Mwaba.
1st August 2022.
About the Award
Ms. Matilda Mwaba was co-founder of the Zambia National Organization for Women in Sport Physical Activity and Recreation (NOWSPAR) where she served as Chief Executive Officer. She was also the Africa representative on the Global Executive of the International Working Group on Women in Sport (IWG). Her work focused on advocacy for the empowerment of girls and women in and through sport, increasing women and girls participation in sport, sport for development, organizational development, and policy engagement on the integrity of sport.
Mwaba was co-founder of the Zambia National Organization for Women in Sport Physical Activity and Recreation, where she served as Chief Executive Officer
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a woman
- Have an offer for the module/Postgraduate certificate
- Be of age 35 and under
- Be a permanent resident of a country in Africa
- Be able to provide relevant references
To be Taken at (Country)
Number of Awards
Value of Award
The scholarship will cover the fees for one short course (module) of the University of London International Sports Management by distance learning. Successful recipients of the scholarship will also receive mentorship in the specialist subject area.
How to Apply
- Submit an application for the short course or Postgraduate Certificate in International Sports Management. Without this, we cannot consider a scholarship application.
- Pay the appropriate online application fee for your programme.
- When you have received an offer, download and complete the scholarship application form.
- Upload your completed scholarship application form(Opens in new window).
If you have applied for a programme previously but did not register and wish to be considered for this scholarship, please submit a completed scholarship application form here(Opens in new window) as you may not need to reapply for your course.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.