MBO Audit & Consult
Full Job Description
Audit Trainee at MBO Audit & Consult
MBO Audit & Consult is a firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors and a member firm of the Public Practice Section (PPS) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). MBO Audit & Consult (formerly MBO & CO) was registered in November 1982 by Olu Ogunlela, the senior partner. Mr. Olu Ogunlela qualified as a Certified Accountant-ACCA in England in June 1979, obtained a Masters degree in Operational Research, then worked briefly with C.A Pitt & Co-Chartered Accountants in London. He trained with the then Delliote Haskin and Sells Chartered Accountants; Worked with Flopetrol/ Schlumberger as Financial Controller then voluntarily resigned in April 1984 to set-up Muyiwa Bunmi Ogunlela & CO now known as MBO Audit & Consult. The firm’s clients range from Oil Servicing Companies, Manufacturing Businesses, Oil Brokers, Trading Outfits, Telecommunication Companies, Financial Institutions, Scientists/Inventors, Investment Companies, and Restaurants etc.
– BSc / HND in Accounting or Economics preferably with First Class / Distinction.
– Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
– Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a proactive approach;
– Ability to organize and prioritize workload;
– Produces accurate and timely work;
– Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
– Ability to build relationships;
– Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
– Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
– Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
– Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
– Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
– Ability to manage multiple engagement and deadline-driven
– Knowledge of risk and process management
– Must have integrity within a professional environment
– Checking a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices, payroll records, bank balances and statements
– Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information
– Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders
– Utilize audit software
– Attend client meetings when necessary
– Carry out audit assignments as assigned from time to time.
– Prepare working papers according to the firm’s standards..
– Assist in performing audit of certain areas within balance sheet sections such as: Additions in fixed assets, debtors’ circularization, stock counts, bank & cash.
– Ensure that basic accounting techniques are applied accurately and consistently in all areas of work delegated.
Job Types: Full-time, New grad
Salary: ₦50,000.00 – ₦100,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lagos: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Auditing: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit ng.indeed.com.