Website Clipboard Health
About the Role:
The Copy Editor role at Clipboard Health helps the entire content team do better, cleaner work. You will ideate on and revise website copy, articles, ad copy, and more for accuracy, grammar, spelling, flow and punch. We are looking for someone who excels at making our work more readable and effective.
This is more than a pure copy-editing role. The best candidate for this role is well-rounded. They have a variety of skills and are willing to be flexible to the needs of the day, help to keep the team organized and on-deadline, and will pitch in on a wide range of projects.
To accelerate our interactions, collaboration and feedback, your hours will significantly overlap with Pacific Standard Time.
In this role I…
- Check, double-check and triple-check all our content for accuracy, grammar, and spelling.
- Improve everything I touch. I’m not afraid to tell someone where their work could be improved, and I’m good at identifying opportunities to make pieces better.
- Communicate with an international team of creators to gather input, understand requirements and find the best ways to cooperate in working toward a common goal.
- I work with the team to maintain organization, efficiency and a fast pace to meet multiple deadlines per day.
What Success Looks Like:
- 3 months in: You have a full understanding of our team, what we are trying to accomplish, and how we operate. You’ve been immersed in every kind of content we create, and review our articles, posts, website copy and video scripts. You are acting as the first shield and last defense against errors and demonstrating a perfect or near-perfect ability to catch typos and grammar issues. You are participating or starting to participate in our thinking as a team, helping us plan and brainstorm new projects.
- 6 months in: You are fully owning our quality control, not only in terms of spelling and grammar but also in terms of improving every piece you touch. When you look at something someone else has written, you use what you’ve learned about the company and its goals to reorganize, restructure and rewrite pieces to better fit the needs of what we are trying to accomplish. You are maintaining a 4.5 or higher rating by our internal team and have become increasingly autonomous in how you work. You have established your own framing around how we maintain and improve the quality of our work by creating a structured, organized and scheduled approach. You are a full, participatory member in everything we do.
As a top performer, I…
- Care about quality. I can tell the difference between rushed boilerplate text and thoughtful work. I work hard to make sure everything I put out is something CBH’s audience would want to read.
- Love accuracy. I am embarrassed when I publish a piece with a typo or glaring grammatical issue, and I do whatever it takes to prevent that.
- Always stay organized. I sit down at their desk knowing my plan for the day. (The team works best when we know what everyone else is doing, and when.)
My superpowers are…
- Caring about making great things. You love knowing that something you worked on is the best it could possibly be and you sincerely and enthusiastically push to do work you can be proud of.
- Seeing opportunities to improve the team. We want someone who has ideas for where we can do more, or how we can do what we do better and who works with the team to make those ideas a reality.
- Thinking outside the box. We make all the standard content you’d expect, but we also try new things constantly. We are looking for people who think dynamically, both in terms of being able to adapt to new, unique projects and thinking them up yourself.
Tools I use…
- Various text editors and basic website publishing systems. We regularly use Substack, Notion and a few other publishing platforms in addition to the normal Word and Google Docs programs you are used to.
- Various scheduling and Calendar programs. We keep each other up-to-date on what we are working on, our availability, and our priorities at all times..
- Spell-checking and Grammar-checking tools. You can say what tools you’d use to check work before and after we publish, and why you selected them.
- A large portfolio of high quality work produced under tight deadlines. (Lead with this! It’s more important than everything else.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to talk to and network with individuals at different levels and in different roles worldwide.
- Familiarity with many content publishing platforms, text editing tools, calendar/scheduling tools, workflow management tools (Asana, etc), and spell checking/grammar checking programs tools.
- Calm under deadline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit angel.co.