Website ENGIE Energy Access (Africa)
Customer Service Representative Intern at ENGIE Energy Access (Africa), Lagos.
Title: Customer Service Representative Intern
Department: Customer Experience
Reporting to: Head of Customer Experience
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
ENGIE Energy Access is looking for dynamic, highly motivated and disciplined Customer Service Representatives with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team. A successful Customer Service Representative must be fluent in Igbo, critical thinker, attentive to details and an excellent communicator. This position requires individuals to have a strong passion for listening and providing solutions to people.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Ensure an excellent experience to all customers with each interaction
- Give customers information about products and services
- Cross-sell Fenix products to customers where possible
Deliverables and Activities
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Vet and open customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information of complaints, issues, resolutions, praises, e.t.c.
- Follow-up with customers who have delayed payments
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Work with customer service manager to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Close out or open call records
- Read from scripts
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail or social media
- Identify and communicate areas for continual improvement of service levels for the call Center; recommending process improvements
Required Skills & Experience
- OND holders, candidates about to undergo or currently undergoing the one year NYSC scheme are preferred.
- 0-1 year of experience
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to interact with peers and mid level leaders internally
Highly Desired Skills
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Passionate about solving problems for customers in rural communities
- Proficiency in English Language and 1 or more other Nigerian Languages.
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or . Our differences are our strengths! ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!