Asset & Resource Management
Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
Job Position: Legal Intern (NYSC Corper)
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Providing legal support to ARM business units in connection with a diverse range of corporate and commercial transactions including project finance, corporate finance, real estate, mergers & acquisitions, private equity transactions, etc.
- Company Secretarial Services: Support the effective delivery of company secretarial services including (but not limited to) the planning and organizing of Board meetings, Annual General Meetings, and communication of resolutions and outcomes
- Provide Legal Advisory: Provide legal advisory to internal stakeholders on contracts, financial regulations, and internal policies, as well as on regulatory, institutional, and financial issues arising from the interpretation and application of regulatory requirements / provisions.
- Legal Drafting: Responsible for preparing and reviewing legal documentation for a wide range of the organization’s activities; negotiating relevant drafts or master agreements, reviewing individual transaction documents; proposes and designs appropriate amendments to internal policies and standard documentations / contracts.
- Capital Market Transactions: Support and advise the organization in the negotiation and drafting of documentation to effect capital raising activities in the international capital and money markets, and draft or review all legal documents required for implementation
- Legal Vehicles: Draft and review legal documents concerning the creation of corporate trust funds and Special Purpose Vehicles, with the dual aim of both securing the obligations of the SPV, as well as insulating the organization from the financial and legal risks from these vehicles.
- Statutory Filings: Oversee compliance in respect of statutory filings e.g. filing of annual returns, quarterly returns to SEC and renewal of registration with SEC
- Due Diligence: Ensure extensive due-diligence, and legal vetting is conducted on legal documents.
- Stakeholder Management: Proactively seek to build mutually beneficial, and trusting relationships with both internal stakeholders (subsidiaries and shared service functions), and external stakeholders (i.e. regulators), with the aim of delivering operational impact.
- LL.B Degree from an accredited university
- B.L Degree from the Nigeria Law School
- Preferred candidate must be a corper currently serving with a minimum of 6 months (available to work as a corper).
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.